BLOGMAS DAY 1 - Advent Calendars!

I've decided to participate in Blogmas this year now that I have finally set up my blog! I wish to use this opportunity to blog everyday (as best I can) to hopefully get into more of a blogging routine. To be honest with you, blog ideas swirl around in my head forever and end up on here weeks later... Therefore, I am going to try and break this habit this month!

I can't really find any rules for Blogmas anywhere so I'm going to mix up my posts with a Christmas post one day and maybe more of a general one the next. Realistically, I won't be doing a Christmas related activity every day this month and I don't want to over do it! Since it is December 1st, it seemed essential to blog about Advent Calendars! 


I am home for the whole of December for the first time in 4 years so this year, my Mum has made me and my sister our own advent calendar! It's really long so it was not ideal to snap a photo of! She wouldn't share the theme but today we recieved the gifts below: 

I absolutely love coconut so this lipbalm was ideal for me! I really appreciate the efforts made for this calendar as it is a lovely change from a shop bought one. I was rather underwhelmed with the selection available in shops this year so I'm loving having a homemade one so far. I really wanted to try a beauty calendar but they are just so incredibly expensive. I plan to update at the end of my posts each day as to what I find in each pocket.

We also presented special pet Advent Calendars to our bunnies and 3 out of the 4 of them were extremely unimpressed! The fussiest one loved the treat which came as a big surprise! I did try and snap some pictures of them looking at the calendars but didn't have much luck. 


On a totally unrelated note, I watched the mid season finale of The Walking Dead tonight and I may just be a little bit heartbroken! I won't disclose any spoilers as it was spoiled for me and I don't think I was as shocked as I could of been. I was pretty taken a back though as it all happened very suddenly! I can't really discuss it much spoiler free but I will say it was very tragic and I'm excited to see what happens with the returning character post credits! 

I'll be back tomorrow with another post :) What kind of Advent Calendar do you have this year? 


No comments