BLOGMAS DAY 17 - Movie Gift Guide For Guys

I'm back with my Movie Gift Guide For Guys! These picks are more mainstream movies than yesterday's picks as I frankly do not watch a lot of movies targeted at guys. Like yesterday, I have included links to purchase each film if you so wish.


Let's Be Cops (2014) - - $17.99 on Amazon


This film actually exceeded my expectations! I did want to see it but I never expected it to be as good or as funny as it actually is. It stars Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr from New Girl as two pretend police officers. Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries also features as a love interest for one of their characters. The two guys become so immersed into pretending they are police officers that they end up putting themselves in danger by getting involved in real crimes. This film is a good laugh to watch in a crowd despite being a little silly in places. It's actually not released in the UK until the 26th of December (bad timing or what?) but you can purchase it now in the US!


Now You See Me (2013) - £4.84 on Amazon


This film would most likely appeal to both guys and girls. I've heard mixed reviews about this one but I would certainly recommend it! Now You See Me is about a group of illusionists who perform bank heists in front of a live audience in another part of the world. They then reward the audience with the money that they appear to steal. It has a star studded cast including Woody Harrelson, Mark Ruffalo, Dave Franco, Jesse Eisenberg and Isla Fisher. It's one of those films that keeps you guessing right until the very end.


21 Jump Street (2012) -  £3.00 on Amazon


21 Jump Street is one of my favourite comedies from the past couple of years. I'd guess that most people have seen this film but it would be a good purchase to add to any DVD collection. It stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as two police officers who really are absolutely useless at their jobs. They are sent to Jump Street to begin working undercover with their first task being to pose as high school students to bust a drug operation. There are many quotable one liners to be found in this movie and lots of laughs right the way through. 


The Hot Chick (2002) - £3.65 on Amazon


I rented this film back in the day as it had Rachel McAdams in it and what a great find this was. It's literally one of the most hilarious films I have ever seen. On first glance, it definitely appears to be a film targeted at woman. However, I  have included it in this gift guide as I watched it with my Dad and he laughed so much so I think it would be a good pick for guys too! Rob Schneider plays 'Jessica' who has found herself trapped in a woman's body after wearing a magical earring. Rachel McAdams has the other half of the earring and portrays a weirdly unnamed male character trapped in a woman's body for a portion of the film. The initial scene of Schneider first discovering that 'she' is trapped in a man's body is one of the funniest parts of the movie. The Hot Chick is consistently funny and Schneider''s comic humour is absolutely brilliant. I would even go as far to say I believe this is one of his best roles.


World War Z (2013) - £5.00 on Amazon



I was interested in seeing this film due to my interest in The Walking Dead. I was not disappointed as it is a fresh take on the zombie genre. The film stars Brad Pitt who travels across the world to try to put a stop to the zombie virus. I won't say too much more as they do find a 'cure' to stop the virus from spreading and it's an interesting one indeed. Additional fact, the opening scenes of this film were filmed in Glasgow and I have actually been to the location several times. The designed the set to look like US streets so unless you could recognise the location, you probably wouldn't know. It adds that something extra to the film when you watch it to say that you've been there!


We're The Millers (2013) - £4.50



We're The Millers has a star studded cast including Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts and Will Poulter. Sudeikis' character hires a fake family in order to move a large portion of drugs over the U.S.border from Mexico. It's a little daft in places which leaves you thinking how on earth are they getting away with this? Despite this, it is very funny and I think it's especially tailored to guy humour.

Today in our advent calendar, we recieved a sheep to add to our growing figure collection. We definitely must be building a nativity scene! We also got a Lindt chocolate and these are so delicious so I was pleased to find this!



No comments