Gossip Girl Tag!




Something a little bit different for today's post - the Gossip Girl Tag! I knew I had to do this at some point after seeing this as I'm a massive Gossip Girl fan. Thank you @ScottishStefsNails for making me aware of this tag! 

1. How did you discover the show?

I started watching around the first half of Season 3 in 2009 after seeing people talk about it online really. I purchased the first season on Amazon for the mere price of £8 which was such an incredible price for something that I would now say is one of my all time favourite TV shows.

2. Who's your favourite character?

My favourite during the early seasons was definitely Serena but I would say from about season 3 if not definitely season 4, my favourite has always been Blair. 

3. Who would you see yourself being friends with on the show?

I really don't think I would ever be friends with the main clique if they were real people as I definitely wouldn't be that popular! I would probably be friends with Jenny as a bit of a wannabe and wanting to fit in with them.

4. Chair or Dair?

Oh my god, Chair without even question haha! I consider Dair to be a particularly low point of Gossip Girl as I could never realistically see Blair being with Dan especially after how much she slated him in the earlier seasons. I feel like their relationship also came out of nowhere whereas Chuck and Blair were a long running story arc throughout the series (regardless of their break ups). I think that Chuck and Blair are truly an iconic TV power couple of my teenage generation therefore I most definitely have to pick them. I loved when they went scheming together! 

5. What's your favourite ship that would never actually happen?

I really have no idea as I've never thought about it! I think one of the only couples that never happened was Serena and Chuck so let's go with that. Blair would be fuming at her BFF though!

6. If you were to be a character who would you be?

I would quite like to be Blair because I admire her character so much. We have nothing in common though but she was always so witty and stylish with everything she wore during the show. She really truly was the Queen Bee in my opinion. Dating Chuck Bass would be pretty neat too ha!

7. Have you read the book series?

I haven't read the book series, no. I do own the first two books in the series and have done for years now but I haven't read passed the first couple of pages. I am aware that they are very different from the show though. I even have the first novel of the spin of series with Jenny Humphrey! I have a pretty bad habit of collecting books on impulse and reading very few of them...

8. Who was your crush on the show?

Chuck Bass is one of my ultimate TV man crushes, I'm not even gonna lie. I hated him in the first season as I found he was SO incredibly sleazy but as he got older and his character developed, I grew quite fond of him. He also got really nice looking swell and that voice! One of my university flatmates used to joke with me that we would one day go to New York and track Chuck Bass down. We would share him to be nice to each other of course. She went to New York herself and purposefully passed the Empire hotel and unfortunately didn't see him ha! She told me this all over a postcard and I still have the picture of the hotel somewhere!

9. What was your first initial thought of the show?

I first watched Gossip Girl so long ago now so I'm actually not sure what I first thought of it! If I'm not drawn into a TV show pretty much straight away, I find it difficult to continue watching it in all honestly. I did really like it from the start as the rich lifestyle of fellow teenagers was very appealing to me at the time! They had the perfect lifestyle which I think was why a lot of people really loved the show. 

10. Who was your favourite villain?

I've always liked the villains since I was really young, no idea why! I actually really liked Ivy or the fake 'Charlie Rhodes'. I thought her whole storyline was really interesting. I'm not sure if she is classed as a villain but she was lying to the whole van der Woodsen family about who she really was! I did also quite like Bart Bass in a weird way and Georgina was a classic menacing character throughout the whole show. It would of made so much sense for her to be Gossip Girl!

I hope you enjoyed this post. If you answer these questions on your own blog, send me a link as I'd love to read it! 



2 comments

  1. Aw loved your answers girlie!this worked great as a blog post!:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! It was fun to do :) I don't know if I would of said as much if I vlogged it like you did, I think you get carried away writing sometimes! Haha xxx

      Delete