The Fall Series 1 Review








I've been wanting to watch The Fall for months, it was one of the show's that I was planning to watch when I was still at university! I heard about it when it was first going on air but I took more interest in it after Jamie Dornan was cast as Christian Grey. I geekily love to watch actors in different things especially if they are cast into something I'm interested in and I haven't seen them in anything before. I believe Jamie was excellent in Once Upon A Time but I never saw him in that.

I watched the first season of The Fall within two evenings last weekend as there is only 5 episodes. I was pretty drawn into the show during the pilot as it is one of these things that is so corrupt but you are engrossed in it to find out what happens next. To be quite honest, it is really quite disturbing for a number of reasons but it is an excellent show.

Jamie Dornan plays the lead character Paul Spector who is a doting father/bereavement councillor by day and a serial killer by night. He plans his crimes by stalking particular women before sneaking into their homes and strangling them. He then poses their bodies for photographs to add to his collection. Pretty grim right? Gillian Anderson is then introduced as Stella Gibson a detective who is brought over from England to expose the killer of these women. The Fall is based in Belfast, Ireland which is actually a refreshing change from watching US television and some of their accents are lovely. I swear half of Hollyoaks' Irish population appear in The Fall as I recognised 4 actors from the soap when I watched it about 7-8 years ago!

The Fall definitely kept me gripped with it's twists and turns throughout the five episodes. I would maybe say that it was like the Irish version of Broadchurch/Gracepoint but much better. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes crime type dramas and I can't wait to get stuck into series 2!

Have you watched The Fall and what did you think of it?


2 comments

  1. I watched The Fall season 1 just as the 2nd season started so managed to record that and watch both in one go! Yes half the cast of Hollyoaks were in it!! ;o) If you liked the 1st season you'll love season 2 xx


    http://missjosiana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow fantastic! Nice timing :) haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! I've been so looking forward to watching season 2, hopefully will manage to start it this weekend! Xx

      Delete