Bargain Beauty Buys


Over the past few weeks, I've managed to accumulate a rather big amount of new beauty products. I don't usually buy so many different items so close together so I thought it was a nice opportunity for a little haul!


Firstly I finally got my hands on the limited edition Real Techniques brushes. I have wanted these for quite a long time now and put them on my Christmas list etc. but they are quite expensive so I hadn't purchased them yet. I was having a casual browse on Amazon last week and found them for £13.82 which was a brilliant price considering they sell for £23.99 in the shops. I snapped them up straight away and received them the very next day on Prime delivery. This particular set includes a face brush, a contour brush and an eye brush. In all honestly, I don't love them as much as my other Real Techniques brushes as I don't see much noticeable difference when I use them. They are designed to be very light when applying makeup so they are maybe doing a better job than I realise. I love how they look though and the bristles are so soft. I found the eye brush particularly good when I tested it as my eyeshadow wasn't too heavy and looked subtly nice.


I picked up a fair amount of makeup items in Boots as they currently have their 3 for 2 offer across all brands. The only item I actually intended to purchase (oops) was a new foundation as I feel like the one I'm using at the moment (Maybelline's Fit Me) sometimes makes me look a tad orange and doesn't last all day. I purchased Revlon's Colour Stay in their lightest shade (Ivory) and so far so good! I really like how they have two options depending on your skin type as I get patches of dry skin on my face that foundation can make really noticeable. I have only used it a few times so far but it seems to be lasting quite well.


I also picked up Soap and Glory's Supercat eyeliner as this is a particular aspect of makeup I would like to get better at applying. I don't ever wear eyeliner as my efforts to apply it are particularly shocking. I read across various blogs that this one was a favourite and very easy to apply so we'll see!



The absolute bargains of my purchases though were these Ted Baker Body Washes. Boots are currently selling most of the Ted Baker range at 75% off so I can't even stress how much of a great buy these are if you love to pick up designer items. I actually purchased the body wash on the far right on it's own for £1.88 and thought that was a great buy. I visited another Boots store a few days later not even looking for more Ted Baker items and they had so much more stock available. I also purchased the third item for £1.88 and the boxed ones cost £2 so they were also excellent value for money. The boxed items actually came with a pump which will be much easier to use as the bottle on the far right is rather difficult to squeeze the product out of. Boots had all sorts of items available in the Ted Baker sale such as body sprays and lotions. It is definitely worth a look if you get a chance!


My last purchase wasn't a bargain as such but just something I have been trying to find for a couple of months now. I got Soap and Glory's Whipped Clean shower cream as part of a gift set at Christmas and I stupidly used it all up quickly because I loved it so much. I have checked in four different Boots store (I'm not even kidding) for it and never came across it. I suppose I could of ordered it online but I wasn't really in desperate need to buy it again. I finally found it a few days ago in the fifth Boots store I tried so I'm really excited to be able to use it again. It's a pity that it's so overpriced at £7 as it's an excellent product. If I hadn't been looking for it for so long, I probably wouldn't of repurchased at this price.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you used any of these products? If so, I'd love to hear from you in the comments.

 

4 comments