April Favourites


Another month another favourites post! I think these are probably one of my personally most anticipated posts of the month and then I struggle to actually think what my favourites were! I'm a bit late posting this sorry, it was just the way my posting schedule worked out and it was further pushed back by a busy week!


To say that Dance Moms has been a favourite of mine this month is a slight understatement... My sister wanted me to watch it a good while ago but I was a little put off by it's run time of 40 mins as shorter shows are better for binge watching. I watched one episode with her and I am HOOKED. It's honestly such addictive television. If you haven't heard of Dance Moms before it follows the Abby Lee Dance Company in Pittsburgh who take an elite team to competitions every episode. It's one of those shows that I feel that you're gonna love it or you'll think it is complete rubbish. I think it is a little put on for the cameras at times but the drama that happens in that little dance studio is something else. I absolutely love some of the things Abby Lee comes out with and the Mom's themselves are pretty funny too! If you watch any new show this week, I would definitely recommend this one!


I've got a homeware favourite this month and that's mason jars! I barely use an actual glass anymore as I've began to use these so much. I love being able to drink water/juice while holding a handle so I think that's why mason jars appeal to me. Every so often I'll drink juice out of a mug, maybe that's a little bit weird I don't know? The jars look super pretty with the proper lids and paper straws. These particular jars are by Kilner.

A snap of my own sims! 

I go through phases of being totally obsessed with the Sims then I won't play it for ages. Since buying my Macbook Pro, I was able to purchase The Sims 4 when it was released for Mac a few months  ago. It was hard to tell whether it would run on my old laptop so it wasn't worth the risk or the expense. I got two new add ons to the game last month, Get To Work and Outdoor Retreat. Get To Work is the first fully fledged expansion pack for The Sims 4 that allows you to take your sims to work with a much better gameplay experience The Sims 3 Ambitions expansion. For someone who has a ridiculous fear of all things medical, I rather enjoy playing as a doctor! On the flip side, the Outdoor Retreat pack allows you to take your sims camping out in the wilderness. I would say that it wasn't quite as good as I thought it would be but it's an interesting add on to the game.

I rather fancied a new foundation (not exactly needed) but I felt some days the foundations I was currently using could make me look a little orange as my skin is very pale. I considering investing into my first Mac product but the reviews were a bit inconsistent in how good their foundations were for dry/pale skin. After an awful lot of googling, I learned that Revlon's Colorstay foundation was just as good as Mac and lasts very well throughout the day. I also liked that they specifically catered for Normal/Dry Skin so I picked up this product in Ivory. I can honestly say I have never owned a foundation that matched my skin tone as perfectly as this does. It does make me look pale but I am pale anyway and least I don't have any foundation lines! It's not the cheapest at £12.49 and still shows up dry skin but I don't regret my purchase. It would be the perfect product if it came with a pump and I didn't need to pour it out of the bottle!


Finally my movie favourite in April was Home! I really wanted to see this film as I am a massive fan of The Big Bang Theory and Jim Parsons voiced the character of Oh. He did a phenomenal job voicing the film's main character and was exceptionally funny. It was very strange as Oh's voice sounded exactly like Sheldon's and it was quite hard to take seriously for that reason! For an animated feature it was very entertaining.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I'll be back very soon with my May Favourites!



1 comment