Taylor Swift's 1989 Tour

First of all, my Orange Is The New Black post regarding Season 3 is coming... I have been so busy since it premiered that I haven't managed to collect all my thoughts together to write in a post! I watched it all in two days as I anticipated and it was fricking awesome.


Back to today's post, I was lucky enough to see Taylor Swift live this week as part of her 1989 World Tour and it was such an experience let me tell you! I have wanted to see her for a long time and it seemed like this event was never coming but this week it finally came around. 12,000 people were in attendance so it was absolutely packed to the point that it was slightly overwhelming with a half hour wait and body scanning to even get in the front door! The queues for merchandise were more like crowds and it was it was survival of the fittest to get your hands on a t-shirt! I was lucky enough to get one which has not just the European dates but all the tour dates across the world listed on the back. I really love that!



Taylor's performance truly was spectacular during the entire 2 hours that she spent on the stage. She sung mostly tracks from her 1989 album but there were a few older ones thrown in like Love Story and We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together which remixed to produce a rock version. On every seat there was a wristband that flashed different colours during the concert to coincide with each track. This is literally one of the coolest things I have ever seen done during a live show and as the area was sold out, the whole place lit up! 


My favourite performance of the night was definitely How You Get The Girl as the set was absolutely stunning. Taylor wore a light up pink dress whilst the back up dancers were dancing under umbrellas made up of little fairy lights. Taylor strutted up the catwalk with such confidence much to the awe of the audience. The response from the crowd at some points left Taylor looking quite speechless which was lovely from a city she had never played before! 


Other performance highlights for me were the opener Welcome to New York, Style, New Romantics and the finale which had to be Shake It Off! Taylor brought such a massive amount of energy to every song she performed and it flawlessly paid off. It seemed like her conversations between tracks were a little scripted but it was clever how she linked each speech to her next song. She also gave some fantastic advice which I found very applicable to my life recently saying "you are not someone's opinion of you". I think that's one I will remember for a long time. She also had video footage running of her 'girl gang' discussing different topics about her during the set changes. I was so excited to see Lena Dunham up on the big screens but sadly not many people cheered for her! (What is their deal??)


The whole night was very surreal and it was over so quickly. I took so many photos that I wish I could share but I really can't post over 100 photos on my blog (I wish I was kidding on the amount). I certainly would not hesitate seeing Taylor perform again as she was as good as I expected her to be. Here are a few more of my photos!









No comments