American Food Thoughts!


My sister and I recently stumbled across some absolute bargains when we found an American Candy range in Poundland! If you are reading this outside the UK, Poundland is a store where everything costs £1 which is around $1.56 in the States. We literally were so excited to find these items as all imported foods in the UK are ridiculously overpriced. Therefore, we went a little overboard on stocking up on some snacks... Similar to the American Candy videos on YouTube, I thought I would share what I thought of each one! I am yet to try the Marshmallow spread as I rarely eat toast and if I do I usually spread butter on it but I have summed the rest up for you all:


Reese's Pieces and Peanut Butter Cups

I don't like nuts at all but I can handle nutty flavoured foods such as Nutella which I absolutely LOVE so Reese's was going to be a definite hit or a miss. The Peanut Butter Cups were absolutely a miss and I thought they were seriously gross! The Pieces weren't so bad but I would't buy them again. These two confirmed that I definitely do not like peanuts.

Butterfinger 

To keep it short, these were as bad if not even worse than the Reese's Butter Cups! My Dad received a pile of these peanut flavoured American treats to eat himself as nobody liked them ha.


Twinkies

These are one American food that I have wanted to try for a long time but they were always extremely expensive here in the UK for two small pieces of cake. I don't even want to know the ingredients of a Twinkie but in all honesty I found them rather good! I only had half of one and it was very sweet but much better than expected, I would say it lived up to the hype. It's not something I would probably buy often if not again but I was glad to finally get to try one!

Arizona Tea

These bottles were actually picked up from Home Bargains, not Poudland like the rest for 89p each! Arizona Tea is very expensive in the American Candy shops but Home Bargains have stocked Arizona Tea so cheap for a while now so it's not much of an excitement anymore to see them on the shelves. They are so worth the money though! These flavours were good but nothing can beat their Blueberry White Tea which is definitely the best one I have tried.

Whoppers 

I don't really like Hershey chocolate much at all so these were a bit of a risky purchase for me as these treats are coated in the stuff! I liked how they were packaged individually which was good if you just wanted a few or you wanted to share them. These weren't bad, not a wow product but still pretty nice to be a Hershey product. I don't know if I would buy these again as for now there are still tonnes left!

Cookie Dough Bites 

I've had these before from Tesco a few years back and we remembered loving them so we obviously needed more than one box! These are really tasty and out of all the products above I would recommend these the most. The Fudge Brownie variety are really nice too but nowhere near as good as the Cookie Dough ones. These are as good as picking the Cookie Dough pieces out of a tub of Ben and Jerry's - so tasty!


I hope you enjoyed this post. What are your favourite food from the US?






No comments