I think A is... ( Pretty Little Liars Theory Post)




Can you believe that we are going to find out who A is THIS WEEK?! We are so close to finding out just who exactly is hiding in that black hoodie... After 5 long years, I am extremely excited to finally get the 'Summer of Answers' that PLL has been promising us!

I did a similar theory post back in March when A's identity was supposed to be revealed but they only introduced us to the mysterious new character Charles DiLaurentis. Despite it being pretty obvious that Charles was going to turn out to be Ali's brother, there is still a great deal of mystery surrounding Charles and exactly who he is, whether he's dead, alive or if he even is A at all. I like to sift through PLL theories online and I thought I'd share my guesses at A and friends in hopes that I could actually be right! If I'm wrong, well I'm just wrong and I've got a vivid imagination!



I have suspected many people over the course of the show as being A but I think I'm finally set on it being Cece. Under the presumption that Charles is in fact A, there is a great deal of speculation about it being Wren who was one of my top suspects this year . However, I feel there are far too many plot holes now for him to be convincing as A. If Charles/A is Wren, how on EARTH did an ex patient at Radley manage to get himself employed as a doctor at the same institution? I'm not believing that for a second as I am sure their staff turnover is not that high that not even one person recognises him. I can't recall Mrs D ever having any scenes with Wren but realistically she would of seen him going around Rosewood and I am certain she would recognise her own son. Ok Wren, maybe fakes his accent and disappears a lot but I really think that's more to do with the fact Julian Morris who plays him was starring in New Girl and now has a new Amazon show.  However in 3x01, Wren first starts at Radley when A supposedly took over the game from Mona and says "Sense isn't there in mental illness, trust me I've spent a lifetime figuring that out" which hints he has first hand experience of it. There are plenty of clues leading to Wren so I would not be surprised if it did indeed turn it to be him but here's why I think Cece would be a better twist!

There is a widely circulated theory that Charles is transgender and I honestly think that is a fantastic twist. There has been a lot of hints to a twin theory regarding two blonde girls and I think it is most definitely less obvious that these twins could be Alison and Charles. Say Charles always wished to be Ali as she was living the life he wanted, that gives him real motive as A to terrorise the girls. Ali was a real bully to the liars before her disappearance so I wonder if it's worth considering if Charles is mirroring her behaviour? There is also those creepy Ali masks to consider that kept popping up which could link to how Charles wanted to be Alison. This theory strongly makes me think Charles is Cece as she is a little older than Ali but looks a lot like her! I don't think it is a coincidence that their initials are the same and there has been no explanation to the time we saw Cece in the black hoodie a couple of seasons ago.



Here are few bits that I've seen around the internet that make me think that Cece could be A:




Posted by Ashley Benson's mom! 




Cece hasn't made an appearance in ages and she is listed on IMDB as having  a stunt double in the finale. A can be seen on the roof at Radley in the promo!






I have also been rewatching the five episodes recommended by Marlene King that supposedly provide the biggest clues to A's identity. One of the biggest things I have noticed that in 5x13 (The Christmas episode), Ali is at the ball looking for a mysterious white hooded figure just like she how was looking for Charles in last weeks episode!  They take their hood down in front of Ali only for it to be revealed as Cece! This could be purely coincidental but I found it extremely strange considering A revealed themself by removing their mask in front of Ali again. There is also mirrors in both scenes when Ali is searching, could this be a hint that Ali sees her reflection in Charles? As if to hint back to the twin theory again! 






On a side note, I am almost sure that Charles was the one who hit Ali with the rock. I believe that he would be the only person Mrs D would consider burying Ali alive for to protect him as we found it she faked his death. I also wondered if Charles is dead like the liars first thought and someone is acting as A to get vengeance for him! However, they are saying A's story is tragic so I feel that Charles needs to be A in that case after seeing his troubled upbringing.

As for Red Coat, I am almost sure it's Sara Harvey. We have seen both Cece and Ali wearing it before but Sara has been so suspicious this season I feel like she has to be involved somehow! Unless she is Black Widow who I don't really have any guesses for. Suddenly Sara disappears a few episodes ago and Red Coat, who has been missing for a good while, is back assisting A? Red Coat's long blonde hair was also noticeably absent like Sara's after she's chopped it all off! I think we would see Red Coat's hair even just a little bit from behind. Cece has been in the coat before but as we've seen before, there has been plenty of 'A's' so she could be switching between the costumes.


I think Sara possibly isn't who she says either as she is extremely sketchy and didn't have a tracker like the other girls. If she really was A's prisoner in the dollhouse, it would only make sense for her to have a tracker in her neck too. It seemed as if she kissed Emily to stop her searching for it! I think she could possibly be Bethany Young and it's the real Sara Harvey that is in her grave. We were told that Bethany escaped Radley the same night as Charles which could explain her being in the dollhouse for '2 years' in hiding. I also think her mom isn't alive any more as we definitely would have seen her by now as I'm sure she would want to be reunited with her daughter.

My friend shared this with me as she thought that the person who switched Aria's photographs at the gallery looked just like Sarah and it really does!



Finally, remember Varjack from last season? His phone number also spells out Sara Harvey on a keypad! I think there is no denying that this girl is sketch.


I hope you enjoyed this post! I could take about PLL theories all day so I probably haven't even mentioned everything I'd like to! I definitely have discussed too much so I will leave it there haha! Who do you think A, Red Coat and Black Widow are?


4 comments

  1. Obsessed! And I'm talking about me not you (although you kind of are too) lol. I really do think Sara is sketchy as hell! And I tweeted that quote of Wren's last week. It's all so confusing and I just can't wait until Wednesday morning for it (thank God For shift changes at work)!
    On a completely unrelated note...your new header is EVERYTHING!! So beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! ;) It took ages to compile this post taking screenshots and everything lol. She is SO weird, she absolutely has to be involved somehow. I don't see how they are revealing red coat again if its gonna be Cece (that wouldn't be a shock) so I think it has to be her. Wren's comment is really confusing, I wonder if it's to throw us off though. I read today that A is a betrayal for Ali and I can't see that being Wren! That's ace you got your shift changed :) Aww thank you! I love it so much! xx

      Delete
  2. I have always been wary of Sara since she came into the show, she just seems so dodgy!! I am so not ready to find out who A is!! x

    Abi | abistreetx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! She acts so suspicious so it's a little obvious but I can't see how she wouldn't be involved! Oh I definitely am, I'm losing patience hahaha. x

      Delete