Love Always Book Review



You may remember two weeks ago, I shared with you a new book release by Sonya Loveday and Candace Knoebel named Love Always. I'm back today finally with my review! Big thanks to both Sonya and Candace who very kindly gave me an ARC of Love Always. I had not read any of either of their published books so it was exciting reading a novel by new authors. On a completely separate note, I have realised this in my 100th post and The Little Blog of Everything's first birthday! How time flies!

Love Always is a light and easy summer read that I would say is ideal for young adults. I can see the novel appealing to a wider audience though as doesn't everyone love a good romance story? At the beginning of the novel, we are introduced to Philip who is spending his last summer before college on vacation. Philip is a typical 'Mummy's boy' who we could say is 'wrapped up in cotton wool' by his incredibly controlling mother. He attends tennis lessons when we first meet him and it is evident that he clearly does not enjoy it but likes to keep his Mum happy. I was initially very surprised that the novel started in Philip's perspective as I expected it to a female protagonist driven novel. Philip then meets Maggie who he is instantly drawn to despite her being such a free spirit in comparison to him. They are from completely different worlds yet they find themselves unable to stay away from each other. It's a classic Cinderella type scenario, Philip could be considered as the perfect unattainable rich boy with Maggie on the other side of the scale being the normal and down to earth girl that realistically would sadly be out of his league. I liked the use of nicknames for each other which I understood to be based on first impressions being 'Silver Spoon' and 'Hoops'. It's a cute little romance story if you are a hopeless romantic.

I liked how this novel was written in first person as I feel you get a real good sense of the characters and their feelings especially towards each other. The dual narrative was refreshing as sometimes it gets a bit much constantly reading inside the mind of one protagonist! The book was also well written and very descriptive giving me a clear picture of events. 

I also loved how the book was set in The Hamptons following the lives of rich kids as I am a massive Gossip Girl fan and that is EXACTLY what this book reminded me of from the word go. The Hamptons episodes of Gossip Girl were the best and I could only dream of spending summers hanging around with girls like Blair and Serena...


I hope you enjoyed this post. If you wish to read Love Always, you can find it on Amazon here.



No comments