How I Use Flowers To Decorate My Home | Lifesyle

BloomNation's flower delivery service inspired me to share my ideas about floral decor in my home. If you haven't heard of them before, they are an online marketplace that supports local florists.

As a hayfever sufferer, flowers can be quite tricky for me. I cannot express how much I love Lily's as they are absolutely gorgeous! However, they only remain gorgeous as long as I do not smell them, touch them, basically go anywhere near them. My first piece is a artificial flower which is in fact a fake Lily that can't irritate my hayfever! Pretty much the next best thing. When I first started university, I bought a bunch of different items to make my room at halls more homely. In my second year, I moved into a really nice flat, like seriously nice, so I needed new things to decorate it. I purchased this flower from Dunelm Mill, it was not expensive and it stayed in my room throughout the rest of my time at university. It sat right in front of my bedroom window for a while  and one day, the wind caught it and it fell three storeys! Luckily it did not break as it landed on the grass. I am now re-using it again in my bedroom as it holds special memories really. 


I have seen these beautiful pink roses in our local supermarket for quite a while now but never really had any reason to buy them. So this week, I caved and bought them for myself. If there is no one I can gift them to and no one to buy them for me, why not right? Red roses are obviously associated with romance but I think the pink is so nice as it is so feminine and chic! They were slightly more expensive than a regular bunch of roses as I believe they are fairtrade. They have really bloomed since taking these pictures and are looking even more vibrant.


I had not really considered where I was going to display them at home as I bought them pretty much on impulse. I initially placed them by the kitchen window so I could see them often but later moved them upstairs. I thought they fitted in perfectly against the white interior of the bedroom as it adds to the girly aspect of the flowers.



My final feature is a gift I purchased for my parent's anniversary a few months back. My Granny has received a similar basket herself and liked it so much she wanted to buy one from them too. I rarely buy flowers as a gift as I don't like how they cannot be kept. We struggled with delivery in terms of getting them delivered on the right day so they were a surprise and in the end the ones we wanted went out of stock! We picked this other basket, it was slightly more expensive but it was still really nice when it arrived.



We have had it for a few months now so the pretty flowers have unfortunately died off but the rest of the plant has lasted well. It sits in the centre of our coffee table and I think it just makes the room look really homely! I would actually miss it if wasn't there.


I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some inspiration! I would love to hear what your favourite flowers to display in your home are?

You can find me on:


No comments