BLOGMAS DAY 11 - YouTuber Book Gift Guide



It seems like everytime a YouTuber makes a 'big announcement' that it is going to be that they are writing a book. There is literally a whole section of books by bloggers in shops now which is insane!  I've been a bit guilty in buying most of them and I feel it's either something you're gonna love or have no interest in. There are some great ones out there and as currently YouTube is a massive market, I thought I would put together a little gift guide!


Girl Online by Zoella

I'm starting with Girl Online as I feel like these are the books out of the YouTube bunch that you don't need to necessarily need to know anything about the writer to appreciate them. I bought the first novel for my sister last Christmas and I read it after she was finished. I don't know if I would of bought it for myself as I thought I was a little out of the target audience. Upon reading the book, I totally was and at 22 felt far too old reading it!  Never the less, I found it a pretty compelling read and the story is rather cute! I did purchase the second one myself as I wanted to see how the story continued but it's still chilling in my 'to read pile'. I totally wouldn't discourage anyone from reading these novels but I'd recommend them as the perfect gift for a teenager. I'm presuming most Zoella fans might have read them already though!

Life with a Sprinkle of Glitter by Louise Pentland

I picked Louise's book up in Tesco on a whim one day as I was instantly drawn to the pretty cover! It's more a self help type guide and I feel that at my age, it wasn't really pitched at me. This surprised me as I never really thought of Louise's viewers being really young? This doesn't make it bad by any means but I thought Louise's book would of been pitched at girls more my age and older. Like Girl Online, I think this book would be perfect for a younger girl as Louise is very inspirational! Her personality really shines in this book.


The Glam Guide by Fleur De Force

If you aren't a stranger to my blog, you'll know how Fleur De Force was first vlogger I watched etc so she's most definitely one of my favourites! I trust her opinion a lot on product reviews so I was so excited so hear she was releasing a book with all her beauty, fashion and general lifestyle tips! I think this would be an excellent gift for any girl and what's great about The Glam Guide that it's pitched appropriately at older girls but would still appeal to younger ones too even if they weren't already fans of Fleur. I feel like this book very much appeals to me and Fleur comes across very knowledgable. 

Blogmas Day 5 was all about Fleur's makeup range, if you'd like to check it out!


Love Tanya by Tanya Burr

This is a really lovely book! It's a mix of chapters about Tanya Burr's life, advice and a section of recipes. I particularly liked reading more about Tanya as a person and her baking recipes are really, really great! A few of them are already on her YouTube channel but it's nice having them in a book! I've made her her Triple Chocolate Cookies a few times before and you can check them out for yourself here if you like! I've also tried out another one of her baking recipes, here. Similar to The Glam Guide, I'd recommend this for any girl as I think it would appeal to anyone.


Hello Life! by Marcus Butler

I really like Marcus' videos but he's not someone I know a great deal about! Like Tanya's book, I enjoyed learning more about Marcus as a person and that was one of my main reasons for purchasing this. Similar to the previous three, there's a big focus on self help chapters and even coming from a guy, his advice is pretty good! I particularly liked the opening chapter about healthy eating and how he transformed his diet. There different aspects of this book make it relatable for everyone but I think this would be a good choice out of all my recommendations if you a purchasing for any guys in your life!


Binge by Tyler Oakley 

I haven't read this one myself yet even though I had it pre-ordered! My sister pinched this off of me when it arrived so I'm letting her read it first. I'm recommending this anyway as I  absolutely love Tyler, I think he is hilarious! I can't wait to read all his stories. 


I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you read any books released by YouTubers? 

1 comment

  1. I don't actually own any of the Youtuber books (although I have asked for Girl Online for Christmas because I'm very intrigued) as I don't feel I'd gain a lot from them. Saying that, I think Fleur's would be the one that appeals to me the most as I love her as a person and having seen snippets from the book, it does look really good! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete