BLOGMAS 2016 DAY 11 - Beauty Lovers Gift Guide





For Blogmas Day 11, I have put together a little bit of a different gift guide which is entirely made up from products you can find in my own personal makeup bag! Everyone knows a beauty lover and the majority products I have selected are big cult products so the ultimate beauty guru may own them already BUT I think these are brilliant products that any girl would love this Christmas.


I picked my Naked palette up in the January sales last year discounted as it was missing the brush. It was in absolutely immaculate condition even though it was regarded as 'faulty' and I have used it every other day since! This is a great quality palette made up of a selection of nude shades that can be worn for both dressing up and everyday wear.

Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion is the perfect companion to the Naked Palette. However, it works brilliantly with any eye product and lasts such a long time before you will need to repurchase. I notice a significant difference in my eye makeup as the day goes on after applying this product as a base.

This is an absolute classic MAC nude shade that would be a great addition to any girl's makeup bag.

I swear by Tanya Burr's Peachy Glow Cheek Palette as the highlighter is unreal quality for £8. I have just repurchased this product last week as I had hit pan and was struggling to get the product out of the corners! I haven't really used the bronzer or the blush much but receiving this as a gift last Christmas, the highlighter has lasted a pretty long time considering I do not use any other highlighter product. Tanya recently released a liquid highlighter which I wish I could rave about too but it is not nearly as good as the powder form. I couldn't recommend this palette more as a gift this Christmas as it is exceptional value for money.

Now there is a lot of hype around Kylie Jenner's products but they are so, so good! I don't find them overly expensive considering you get a liquid lipstick and a lip liner but there is the chance of custom charges if you are ordering from the UK which can end up making the products pretty expensive to order. I own three lip kits and Posie K has been my absolute favourite so far. It is a lovely shade of pink if you have pale skin like me. I would say that none of the swatches I looked at online match the shades in real life but the products are exceptional quality and are very long lasting upon application.

After purchasing a Kylie Lip Kit, I decided to try a gloss when I placed my second order. Literally is a lovely nude shade which is really pretty once applied. They are certainly not as long lasting as the lip kits themselves but I was very impressed with this product.

Now this product is pretty expensive and I swayed alot over purchasing this initially as I wondered is it really that good? I had a makeover at Urban Decay earlier in the year and the make up artist (who was brilliant) ran a palette across her arms twice and sprayed one with their All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray. She proceeded to wipe both swatches off and the one that had been set with the All Nighter Spray did not budge in the slightest. Urban Decay also sell their All Nighter spray in a travel size which is ideal for travelling and popping in your handbag for day to use use. I notice a significant difference in my makeup's lasting power if I don't set it with this spray.

Despite the controversial name, this is a really great product. It can be built up or worn to subtly add a little bit of shimmer to your cheeks. It's a lovely shade of pink that can be paired with many makeup looks. I don't use any other blush. 

The Bold Metals collection are my favourites from the Real Techniques range. Not only do they look absolutely gorgeous, they are really great quality. These brushes can be bought separately but they are a little pricey per brush. I would personally recommend the silver eye brushes and rose gold sculpting ones. The rose gold contour brush is my absolute favourite. They are such a pretty product to have out on display in your bedroom.

This is another pricey product (which can definitely be found cheaper) but this is honestly the best makeup sponge I have ever used. I had a really good one by an American brand that I picked up in TK Maxx but it eventually went mouldy and had a similar issue with the Real Techniques sponge. I probably should have replaced my Beauty Blender by now but it cleans up like new which I never managed to do with my previous blending sponges. This product is perfect if you have dry skin to achieve a flawless application with your foundation. I wouldn't use anything else now and hate when I have to apply my foundation wit a brush!


I hope you enjoyed this post. If you could recommend a beauty product, what would it be?






No comments