BLOGMAS 2016 DAY 2 - My Favourite Christmas Movies




I am yet to watch a Christmas movie this year, but then I would be lying if I wasn't occasionally tempted to watch Elf in like July.  I think watching Christmas movies are such a big part of the festive season so I thought I would share a few of my favourites with you.




Four Christmases

This is probably my favourite Christmas movie ever. I feel like it is underloved as not many people seem to have seen it in my experience but it is honestly hilarious. I love Reese Witherspoon and will watch any movie that she is in but there is a great range of other big names too such as Vince Vaughn, Mary Steenburgen and Kristin Chenoweth. 

Reese and Vincent's characters, Brad and Kate manage to avoid spending Christmas with their families by going away on holiday until one year when they arrive at the airport to see that all the flights were cancelled. Due to one thing and another, they are forced to visit each of their parents and lots of antics ensue.

If you are looking for a newer Christmas film this year, I would totally recommend this one. 




Elf

If you were to ask me to name a Christmas classic, Elf would definitely be first film I would think of. I haven't watched it yet this year (at time of writing this post) but my sister has been suggesting it for a few weeks now so I may have seen it about 3 times now that you are reading this! She would honestly watch this film anytime of the year as it is just never not funny.

I don't think I need to explain the plot of this one as it is such a huge Christmas film that I think most will have seen it at least once. If you haven't watched it before, I don't want to spoil in anyway how brilliant it is.




Miracle on 34th Street

Miracle on 34th Street is definitely one of my favourite childhood Christmas films. However, it has to be the one with Matilda and not the old one (I don't care much for old black and white movies if I'm honest). I bought this on DVD a few years ago and I haven't seen it in a while so this is definitely one I think I will rewatch this Christmas.

I really think this movie captures the magic of Christmas as the people try to convince everyone that a man in a department store claiming to be Santa is the real deal. This is just a really good Christmas family favourite that everyone would love. 


I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what your Christmas movie favourites are? Feel free to recommend me some too as I am sure there is plenty that I am yet to see!




No comments