Entertainment | Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Review


Salazar's Revenge is the fifth and newest installment in the popular Pirates of the Caribbean series. Like many others, I thought the last one wasn’t great but I do enjoy this franchise and felt I couldn’t miss out on seeing the new film. 

Overall the film was very good, despite being a little slow at points. The CGI work was very impressive and the film had a some laugh out loud moments with Johnny Depp in particular being as funny as ever as Captain Jack Sparrow. Aside from Jack, the film centered round it’s two new young leads, Brendan Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, who both gave a good performance. However the highlight for me were the cameo’s of a few past characters but I shall say no more on that!

I have later discovered that there is a post credits scene that intriguingly sets up the story for a potential sixth instalment so if you’re going to watch this movie, don’t turn it off before the credits!

No comments